CCV mod??

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I searched for info on the ccv mod, and was only able to come up with stuff for the 7.3, in both the forums, and the wiki. I know quite a few of you have done this mod to the 6.0's , can you please provide me with a link with good instructions, as I need to do this mod this week, I am tired of blowing intercooler boost tubes at the compressor housing. Thanks:thanks

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the set up ive seen is a DIY, where you re-direct the factory ccv to
the ground or out the exhaust, while plugging the return line near the
compressor.

ive seen pipe plugs used to plug the factory return line...which makes me
nervous personally...even WITH a clamp around the pipe plug im afraid
the thing could come loose and get sucked into the compressor wheel.

racor makes a couple of nice ccv FILTERS...
RACOR - Crankcase Ventiltation Filter Systems

Racor makes a system SPECIFIC for the 7.3L, but nothing <specific> for the 6.0L....
http://www.parker.com/racor/Prodbul/Air/7614-CCV3550-FRD-02.pdf

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Knick I've heard of possible mods for the 6.0 CCV but haven't landed an actual article yet.

Here's another Thread from earlier this year.

Dieselsite intercooler boot kit :sweet

Thanks for the links.

I checked out dieselsite before, and they don't have the boot that I need, I need the one that goes directly on the turbo, before the intercooler, plus I have the Banks Intercooler and boost tubes. I ordered a new boot from Banks, as I slightly damged this one putting it back on so many times, and Banks recommended putting a coat of Permatex High Tack on the tube and boot prior to install, and that I should never have that problem again, they said the problem becomes taking it off later, I can deal with that;)

I would like to eliminate the oil in the CAC system though.

Thanks Bush, I'll check those out tommorrow, maybe I can get some more infor, and rig one up to work on my truck.:thumbs

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Hey Knick,

if you are talking about the boot from the turbo to the hot side boost tube AND if you have the retro fit boost tube (newer one), I took off the banks boot and re-used the OEM ford boot from the stock system.

it was a pill to put on, but it aint going nowhere now. the newer banks retro fit boot is way to short and is way too slick to stay on.

just an idea.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Hey Knick,

if you are talking about the boot from the turbo to the hot side boost tube AND if you have the retro fit boost tube (newer one), I took off the banks boot and re-used the OEM ford boot from the stock system.

it was a pill to put on, but it aint going nowhere now. the newer banks retro fit boot is way to short and is way too slick to stay on.

just an idea.

Thanks Bama!

I agree the Banks one is way too short, and very slippery.
I'll look around and hopefully I still have the stock one, if so, I'll give it a shot.:thanks

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Thanks Bama!

I agree the Banks one is way too short, and very slippery.
I'll look around and hopefully I still have the stock one, if so, I'll give it a shot.:thanks

I went out and took some pics right quick. finally got the pics to download :rant

100_0427.jpg

100_0425.jpg

100_0424.jpg
100_0423.jpg

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
sorry no to hijack but i just wanted to ask bama where you got the metal filter caps oil/fuel is what those look like and i like em thanks -ck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58