CCV observation.

DavidJ

DavidJ
Reaction score
I'm only posting this because I can't find the original thread.

I did this mod and added a vent filter. DON'T DO THE FILTER! Although it may not appear to restrict, it does and I found this out when oil started backing up out of the dipstick tube and on to the exhaust manifold:eek: . OOPPSS:oops: . I couldn't take it off fast enough and it also answered the question why use clear plastic hose.
Has anyone come up with a way to help it vent other than the road draft method?

Also changed my fuel filter and had to use the puralator cap and filter in one. Has anyone used this and had seeping issues? I also bought a wix and will have to use my old cap if I can't resolve the puralator.

Last edited:

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DavidJ said:
I'm only posting this because I can't find the original thread.

I did this mod and added a vent filter. DON'T DO THE FILTER! Although it may not appear to restrict, it does and I found this out when oil started backing up out of the dipstick tube and on to the exhaust manifold:eek: . OOPPSS:oops: . I couldn't take it off fast enough and it also answered the question why use clear plastic hose.
Has anyone come up with a way to help it vent other than the road draft method?

Some folks vent the CCV into a bung welded into the exhaust system.

FastColts

Love My PSD!
Reaction score
DavidJ said:
Also changed my fuel filter and had to use the puralator cap and filter in one. Has anyone used this and had seeping issues? I also bought a wix and will have to use my old cap if I can't resolve the puralator.

I have used the Purolator one-piece fuel filter for years on my '97 and now on my '02 without any leakage. You may have the seal in a bind somehow. I keep the original cap in the toolbox just in case I have to buy an OEM type filter on the road.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Home Depot:

Electrical department:
1/2" Galvenized Rigid Coupling

Plumbing department:
Teflon tape
1/2NPT x 3/4" hose barb
1" hose clamps
3/4" x 3/4" hose barb coupling

I used a 1-3/8" hole saw at a 45 degree angle to make the hole.

and a little high heat 1600 degree paint I had layin around to dress the weld.

:woot :watchout :tounge :woo :laffup :deal :wow

I LIKE THE NEW SMILEYS

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I used a Dynatech pan e-vac kit from Jegs. You get a weld on bung, plug and male adapter for 20 bucks. Seems to work for me. I also put a tee in the low spot in the line with a 2" piece of tube straight down and pluged so I can see how much oil and moisture it collects.

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
I copied someone else on the other site and made a CCV filter out of a section of ABS pipe and 5 scouring pads. 2 copper and 3 plastic. It seems to work very well, I have had it on there for quite some time and I have no crankcase pressure and no oil is going in the intake. There is a valve on the bottom and I get about 2 tablespoons of oil out every 5k miles. I mounted mine right behind the LF tire.

Tennessee Titan

Eddie Henson
Reaction score
Mine just vents out the back, in front of the rear bumper along the left frame rail. I like the idea about routing it to a fitting welded to the exhaust.

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does all of youd CCV vent like crazy all the time???? Mine vents so much I can see smoke drift up in front of me at lights or next to my window!

SMOKNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scar13 said:
Does all of youd CCV vent like crazy all the time???? Mine vents so much I can see smoke drift up in front of me at lights or next to my window!

The last time I had that kind of crankcase pressure, I had a broken ringland on one of my pistons (350 chevy)

Is it normal to have that kind of blow-by in a good diesel motor?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14