CCV Relocation Mod

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
With the help of CHPMustang I have finally gotten around to doing this mod. The purpose of the mod is to prevent the build up of CCV oil in the intercooler and intercooler plumbing. My pics are too large to upload so I will have to link them..........sorry.

Here are the parts required. One 4"od x 3-1/2" long steel tube, One 3/4" ID x 10' clear plastic tubing, One 3/4" hose barb x hose barb pvc fitting.

Pic 1

Remove the intake tubing between the air filter and the turbo.

Pic 2

Pic 3

Rotate 90 degree rubber elbow and instert the 3/4" PVC fitting.

Pic 5

Install 3/4" ID clear tubing and route it under the truck back to the skid plate covering the X-fer case making nice sweaping bends. Be sure not to kink the hose and zip tie in place. Also be sure the hose always flows down hill so as not to create a puddle trap that could create a restriction.

Pic 6

Insert 4"OD x 3-1/2" steel tubing into the air intake tube and reassemble on the truck.

Pic 7

Pic 8

Pic 9

CCV oil laden fumes now exits under the truck instead of fowling and reducing the efficiency of the intercooler.

Tbar

Last edited:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Well written Tbar :sweet

Wasn't the parts cost less than $20?

All we gotta do now is a thorough cleaning inside/out of the CAC,tubes,boots,clamps and V intake :sweet

Bill

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Max are you able to edit/add additional information/photos to the various Wiki Articles?

Bill

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Max Power said:
Well done. Do you mind if I put that in the Wiki?

Thanks

Not sure what that is but if you think it is a good idea go for it.

Tbar

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Tbar,

This mod and your AIH mod both need to go into the WIKI. Follow the link Bill posted in reply #8 here. Then once you are in the WIKI, find the sandbox page, the sandbox is the place to play and learn about the WIKI and how it works. Another good place to look is in any of the current articles. Just click "edit" this page, see how the article is set up and then go create your own page in the WIKI...... try it, its not hard.

Max Power

Reaction score
If you prefer I can do it for you as well. Just let me know if you want to try it yourself or if you want me to do it for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track