ceramic or not?

errol

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to replace my brake pads on my 99 f350. I'm thinking of going with Raybestos ceramic pads, so what do you guys think? Advanced auto parts seems to have a good price, $62.99 front, $59.99 rear. Does this seem reasonable? Dont know if rotors might need turning or replacing yet. Hopefully not!! seen some rotor prices!! UGH!! thanks :thanks

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I can only recommend what I have used, so I would use Hawk pads.

The LTS is a good pad for everyday use and light towing.

If you tow alot, you may want the superduty pads. They really stop good when towing heavy loads. The only drawback is they squeek alot when you are just driving around town bobtailin'

Discount Power Parts is a vendor here and they carry them.

Red Monkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using pads and rotors from O'Reilly Auto, the ones with the 'life time replacement' warrenty. They beat the Advanced Auto price and had a better warrenty. So far no problems.
Raybestos makes good brake pads, I have used ther pads on other vehicles and been pleased with the results.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I have the "fleet" grade raybestos pads from Carquest, made for serious stopping, I think they are metallic, so they do leave dust on the wheels, but they do STOP the wheels. Not that I tow that much weight :D

epiper

Plumber
Reaction score
Brake pads

I'm getting ready to replace my brake pads on my 99 f350. I'm thinking of going with Raybestos ceramic pads, so what do you guys think? Advanced auto parts seems to have a good price, $62.99 front, $59.99 rear. Does this seem reasonable? Dont know if rotors might need turning or replacing yet. Hopefully not!! seen some rotor prices!! UGH!! thanks :thanks

I dunno what they're made of, might be some secret stuff...I replaced mine all the way around before they needed to be replaced on my 03 Ex at 127K. I insisted on Ford OEM, so I shouldn't have to do it again till she hits 250K.

Last edited:

J_F250

SDD Burger Flipper
Reaction score
I went with the Hawk LTS pads :thumbs
A little dust until they get broken in but after that they are good to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58