CETANE BOOSTER

JEFF69Z28

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
IS IT WORTH THE MONEY AND HAS ANYONE TRIED IT AND LIKED IT?
DOES IT WORK?
I JUST PUT SOME IN MY TANK AND HAVENT REALLY NOTICED ANYTHING DIFFERENT.I USED FORDS BRAND.:)

Sawboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Snake oil dude. Same trick as octane booster for older higher compression cars.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i experimented with cetane boost, and i never noticed anything either. thats going by both my seat-o-pantsometer, and by milage. it cant hurt, but i dont think its worth the money.

SuperdudeE

learnin oil burnin
Reaction score
Howes about the anti gel with cetane booster. Do I really need the antigel? Don't the petroleum companies add anti gel to the mix in the winter? Sorry if I hiJacked a little.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
needing antigel depends on how cold it gets where you live....so far i have gotten away without it here in CT, seen a few nights as low as 20's.

i know the place i get fuel by my grandparents house in VT sells "winter mix" diesel wich is 50/50 kero/diesel.....even with that i need to add antigel when i am up there because it gets so freekin cold atop the mountain.

if i have the money, i usually put it in the tank if its getting around freezing just to be safe.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Some may believe additives are snake oil....not all of them are.

All diesel engines NEED to have an additive if they are running ULSD! With a little over a year of use around here is showing it's effects.

ULSD is more hydroscopic and attracts water...you need a water dispersant. Cetane is a little lower too...cetane booster. We already know about lubricity, the stripping of sulfur also strips the lubricity out. For lube I like biodiesel. Most don't know but sulfur is a natural biocide...now with it gone you need a biocide.

I recommend Stanadyne Performance formula....made by and injection manufacturer...and Racor biocide.

BTW....for those that don't know....I see the internals of pumps and injectors daily.;)

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I noticed the other day at Wally World, that they carry a DieselKleen ULSD formula and then the regular formula.

Anybody tried it?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58