Changed both fuel filters.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to you guys posts, I thought it best to change them before heading out on our trip. We only have 11,454 miles on the odometer. If I waited until 15,000 I would be somewhere near Florida.
The water drain plug came out very easily. Clean diesel poured out... and poured, and poured... to one gallon until I put the new brass plug in. The lower fuel filter cap on ours takes a 1 3/8 inch socket. The top fuel filter cap takes a 1/2 inch drive ratchet.
One thing that was not clear in the posts that I read was on the lower fuel filter, how to seat it. what I did was push the filter onto the cap, then turn the cap until I felt the tab on the filter seating in the housing. Then tighten the cap. The cap seated properly, and no leaks, so it worked.
Just for my own information I called the local Ford Dealer, and asked what it costs to replace both filters. $190. :eek: The whole job took 30 minutes...
They must have gone to the same school as the oil companies did. :lmao

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
i usually just stick mine in til i feel the sweet spot the tighten her up...yeah the dealership i got mine from is always sendin me coupons n crap where you get fuel filters and a bottle of "free" cetane booster for like $140. i was like i can get the filters do it myself and buylike almost 6 gallons of diesel services fuel treatment hmmm let me think about that one:watchout

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14