Changing Headlight Bulb on 02 PSD

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My left headlight bulb went out last night, so I got a new bulb to replace it. Upon checking the wiring, it looks like I'm going to have to take out the battery on the left side just to have enough room to get to the connection. Is that true? I'd like to find out a better way if possible, if not, I'll just have to take out the battery to change the bulb. Thanks for any ideas. Oh well, the battery didn't work. Will have to it "professionally changed". Wish I had known it was out when I had it serviced Saturday. Oh well, no "headlights on" driving for me until this is done.

Last edited:

Djracer

Car Stereo Dude
Reaction score
I just changed mine and it wasn't that bad and I didn't take anything apart! I just unscrewed the retaining ring and unpluged the harness!

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Djracer said:
I just changed mine and it wasn't that bad and I didn't take anything apart! I just unscrewed the retaining ring and unpluged the harness!
That won't be a problem, if it's the right side. However this is on the left, and the battery case is right behind it, plus there's part of the body right over it. I thought it was a bracket, but it's part of the fender. Seems my only choice to go take it to a garage.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL and it cost how much to change a head light bulb in a superduty? Good luck.

Djracer

Car Stereo Dude
Reaction score
I changed both of mine and I took nothing apart! My 99 should be the same as your 02! Where are you located so someone might help you instead of you getting hammered for such an easy task!

drchris1024

SDD Security
Reaction score
Djracer said:
I changed both of mine and I took nothing apart! My 99 should be the same as your 02! Where are you located so someone might help you instead of you getting hammered for such an easy task!

I agree, I changed both my headlights to Silverstars and had to take nothing off..

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Djracer said:
I'm northeast of Dallas. I'm gonna look at another "angle". I thought about trying to go from the bottom, but the fender well is in the way. Makes me wish the grille was part of the hood (like the 150's).

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
When I changed to Silverstars, I went from the top. Just twisted the plug assmbly. and pulled it out. It was tight fit for my hand to squeeze between the grill and battery box though.:dunno

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58