Changing Headlight Bulb on 02 PSD

danman

way up here
Reaction score
head light change

I have the same truck as you. I changed my driver side head light last summer by removing the signal light lens under the head light. Only two screws hold signal lens in place. Once signal lens is removed, reach up behind head light and unscrew bulb retainer ring.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
danman said:
I have the same truck as you. I changed my driver side head light last summer by removing the signal light lens under the head light. Only two screws hold signal lens in place. Once signal lens is removed, reach up behind head light and unscrew bulb retainer ring.
Thanks for the info. I might try that next time. I had a local Firestone store change the bulb while they were rotating my tires. With all this heat, I was more than happy to pay $26.70 for them to do it. They removed the battery, then the battery tray and did it that way. The right one will be much easier.

Glassdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just tackled the job today. Got the Silverstars in without taking anything apart. All I've got to say is some engineer at Ford has got an evil sense of humor.:propeller :jerk:

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glassdude said:
IAll I've got to say is some engineer at Ford has got an evil sense of humor.
I couldn't have said it better (for the left side). The right side looks pretty easy. I've never had a problem before in changing headlight bulbs. But then, I haven't checked that out on the Five Hundred. Did replace a rear turn signal bulb on it, was no problem at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14