Changing parking break shoes

chrispugs1967

chrispugs
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with some tips on changeing the parking break shoes on my 2003 F-350. The book tells me how to do it as if there was no hub blocking access to them, do i need to remove the hub? Thanks for your help.

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
The shoes run on the inside of the brake rotor if i'm not mistaken. A good smack with a hammer on the face of the rotor should loosen it once the caliper is removed. (use rubber mallet). If that doesn't work, then there are usually some threaded holes in the front, in between the lug studs that can be used to "press" the rotor off the hub using the appropriate bolts(ie thread pitch) Hope this helps! :sweet

firesoutmatt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Why do you need to replace parking brake shoes ? I have never seen a pair wear out . Just adjust your parking brake cable ... Yes you do need to remove the hub/rotor assembly.

diesel4camping

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just did mine today. You do not have to remove the hub assembly. Yes it will make it easier, but do you have the time and tools needed to remove the hub assembly. Took me about 3 hours to do both sides without removing the hubs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58