Cheapest place for diesel

Trapper77

2003 Owner
Reaction score
Fellas, Friday I am heading down to San Jose from good old Albany Oregon 600 miles each way. Where is the best place to fill up in the Bay Area? Heading to the HP Pavilion for the arena football game on Friday and then heading up the bay to watch the Giants/Dodgers Saturday afternoon. Then it is back home. Only want to fill up once on the trip, want cheap clean fuel. Any ideas? Thanks

Trapper

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You've gotta be kidding, CHEAP fuel does not exist in California. Be ready to pay $3.20 plus per gallon.

Dave

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
There is "cheap" diesel here...relatively speaking in Calif terms.
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=market+and+belmont&csz=concord,ca&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=
It's an independant station that sells a lot of diesel. Don't know their current price.

From SF on your way home...Bay Bridge...24 East to Walnut Creek...680 North...242 North...first exit....Right turn

Back to the freeway:

Right on Market...Left on Willow Pass...680 North...80 East...5 North

DO NOT BUY DIESEL IN SF! $$$$ But you can photograph the station on 6th and Harrison Street that was selling the highest priced fuel ever. They had supreme gasoline at $4.17 last week. :eek:

Your lowest target price should be $2.99. I've seen $2.95 but only at one station.

Trapper77

2003 Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys. When it came down to it, I had no idea where in the world I was at and just ended up getting it at the nearest place to me. Paid 3.15 which was not to bad, it is only 2.79 here in Albany. There was a Tessoro or something like that that was only 2.95 but for some reason I just did not trust it. I got it at the Shell station across the street. I tell you, trying to park a truck this big in SF anywhere close to AT&T park for a Giants game is a challenge.

Trapper

Trapper77

2003 Owner
Reaction score
Barry did not even play, no big loss for me. I just enjoy the game and like going to see the different ball parks.

Trapper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg