Question Check engine light on again!!!

nailbender8usmc

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
:rant

Ok guys and gals, I have a question for my fellow 08 6.4l owners... How many of you have had to run back to the dealer numerous times to get your Power Stroke fixed? I have an 08 6.4l, King Ranch with the 8' bed. I have 29,000 miles on the truck, but I will tell you that they are not "hard" miles. I occassionaly pull my 7,500lb 27' travel trailer to total maybe 4,000 miles worth. At 19k miles, I had a major fuel system break down, my truck was in the shop for two weeks that time. After nearly a complete fuel system replacement, I was back on the road. After a few thousand more miles, my steering box seal had a major leak. Ford installed a new steering box for me in a few days and again I was on my way. Then at approx. 24k miles, my DPF kicked the bucket hard. Ford had my truck this time for 3 days. They put on a brand new DPF and believe it or not the young kid behind the counter at the Power Stroke Service dept. actually told me that I was to pay a deductable of $300.00 for the new $3,000 filter. With his life sparred, I was back on my way. Well that was 5k miles ago and until yesterday I had no more problems. Within 5 miles of the house yesterday morning, my Check Engine light came back on. I will be dropping off the truck in the morning at the dealership, what is everyone's take on this? I'm very quickly getting fed up with this, we don't spend this much money for these trucks to have these headaches...

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and the big 3 wonder why there in so much trouble now, if they could build something that was worth the money i would have bought a new one. i guess thats what you get when the guy that sweeps the floor makes 20 bucks an hour, u gotta love those unions.......

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'd start talking to them about the lemon law, seems like there have been 3 major problems

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Mine just turned 29,000 this weekend. Was back to the dealer once for a re-flash for the removal of passive regeneration [no longer will go into regen @ idle] and that was last fall. I've rotated the tires 3 times, changed the oil + filter every 4-4500 miles, 1 air filter, 2 sets of wiper blades, fuel filters twice. Have had NO issues, at all. The fuel mileage got better @ around 22k, and will improve greatly when I finally get the coin for a Spartan and the DPF delete. Seems like its hit or miss, same as the 6.0's. You either get a good one or a problem child. :dunno

nailbender8usmc

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Word from dealer

Well, the word came in from the dealer, it appears that when the DPF was replaced 5,000 miles ago, they were supposed to reflash the DPF, cam and the tranny to get them all in sync again. Apparently that did not happen, so they did it for me yesterday and told me I was good to go. I will however have to start researching this lemon law, I don't know anything about it. I always thought it had to be the same issue three times. Can it be three different major issues?

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
generally its tied to 3 major problems with the truck, most dealers hate to hear it but its to protect to consumer, which is us. do some research on it for your area and process and requirements and see where it gets you. These trucks are definately hit or miss, especially 08 and newer.

MURR3061

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am not sure if i am right or not, but when i owned my 08 i had a DPF replace to and there was no deductible or any thing under 36,00 miles. i would call ford and see if that is correct. not only that, the emissions system on these trucks i believe are up to 75,000 or so. but Definitely make a stink!!!

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am not sure if i am right or not, but when i owned my 08 i had a DPF replace to and there was no deductible or any thing under 36,00 miles. i would call ford and see if that is correct. not only that, the emissions system on these trucks i believe are up to 75,000 or so. but Definitely make a stink!!!

I maybe wrong, but I believe this falls under the 5 year/ 100k mile warranty

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58