Check Engine Light

`08 Blue Crew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My check engine light came on the other day. Saturday I was driving it on the highway (heading to the Ford dealer) the truck went thru (and completed) the regen cycle. I stopped at a store for a cup of coffee and when I started the truck again, the check engine light was off.

Now I started thinking. Over the last two weeks, I did see the Cleaning Filter message, but the trip I was on was not long enough to complete the cycle. I figured it was bad enough it was wasting expensive fuel and I wasn't gonna drive 40 miles out of my way for it to complete. I figured sooner or later I would get on the highway and it would work itself out.

Therein lies my question. If the computer attempts X number of regens without completing, does it set the Check Engine Light?

Last edited:

ducky1402

Reaction score
i don't think it is x number of attempts but i do know that if the filter gets too full.......... back pressure goes up alot it will throw codes and adventually power down the truck so that no major problems develop.

Bigboytoys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'll show, please drive to clean, or something like that. By that point it's very plugged and you should let it clean it's self more often or just delete it.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine seam to always want to clean it's self waiting in bump to bump traffic. Then I get the need to drive message. I did find that somewhere in the 3rd full up after the drive to clean message I get the message again to drive to clean.
I do know that when I get the money, I'm deleteing the dam thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58