Question Check engine light

gohandragon65

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My check engine light came on the other night while i was headed to work. went to autozone today so they could run a diagnostic to see what the code was. when i was on my way over there the light went off but he was able to pull the codes from the memory. They are P0267, P0270, and P0273. they're for cylinders 3, 4, and 5. it says it could be one of four things: Open circuit condition, coil to coil short, FICM poor connection fault, or faulty fuel injector. I was wondering if anyone has gotten these codes before and what they did to fix it, or if it could be something else? any help would be greatly appreciated.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
From what I see at our Diagnostic Trouble Codes (here; http://superdutydiesel.com/wiki//tiki-index.php?page=P0200+to+P0299) it looks like the FICM is going. Tell us how the truck is running. Any missing or hard starting? Low on power? Tell us more about your truck. Fill out your signature so we all don't have to ask "What do you drive?" Go to My Profile and fill it out.

Dave ;tu

gohandragon65

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
From what i can tell the truck is running just fine, no missing or hard starts its not low on power. the check engine light turned off when i was driving home from autozone so im not sure if it just read something goofy for a while or what.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Auto Zone can't read diesel trucks, from what we have heard in the past. I do not know if they have updated their scanners or not. Not my first choice for reading trouble codes. A good independent mechanic can read them.

Dave :dunno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58