check engine on my friends 02 f250

neil_04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
me and my friend drove to colorado in his 2002 f250 4x4 on the way up we blew out 3 high pressure oil fittings. thats what ford said, it died outside of denver. we left it at the dealership and they fixed it under warranty. but on the way home i passed our exit and we did a uturn and took off when i got to about 65 check engine came on! so we pulled over turned it off checked the fluids and started it back up check engine off. it happened agian while passing a 18wheeler about an hour later same thing turned it off and back on. anybody have any ideas of whats happening

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pull the codes.

is the light just flashing or coming on and staying on for a while?

kman500hp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
01 psd

My 01 stroke does the same thing. I have the superchips 80hp chip installed and almost everytime I floor the truck the check engine light will come on and stay on for a short while and then go out. This only happens with the chip installed.

neil_04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no it stays on until you turn it off, and he hasnt put his chip on yet, i have the same prob on my 99 when its on extreme DI tune i think its the turbo over boosting not sure but id like to get it fixed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya