Chicago-Area Parking Garages..... sorry for cross-post

kenbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got so little response on the other site, I thought maybe you guys would like to know, and might contribute?????

--k

Ok. Thought you all might like to know.

I work at home in Indy and occasionally have to go to Chicago for meetings and such. Well, I found a parking garage that my truck would fit in!!!

My truck is NOT height-modified, not a dually, and is a short-bed. (but I did hack off 4 inches from the radio antenna just to be safe, which makes it still the highest point on my truck at exactly 7ft. high. )

My truck fit (tightly, but not too bad...) in the "Grant Park North" underground garage on Michigan Avenue. The entrance is approx. 100 North Michigan (Entrance is in the center of the street going southbound on Michigan Ave.. there's a little jog into the entrance lane about a half a block before the actual entrance. The entrance is just past a stoplight... once you're there you'll get it.. it's not that bad...I only went around the block once to figure out how to get into the garage).

Anybody else find parking garages their trucks will fit into in Chicago or Indy?

dpantazis

Reaction score
Yup! Grant Park is the place to park. There is East and West too, the East one is by Columbus Drive and a few dollars cheaper.

The thing is, you HAVE to park on the first level, with 8'2 clearance. There are time you have to lift you leg and pee on the spot too- more than once i have pulled up and started my approach into the stall when someone will pull up and ask- are you really going to park there and i tell them yes, because unlike their little honda, i can not park downstairs.

I can;t divulge all my secrets, but I will say that If you go West of the Loop, by Greek Town, you can often find street parking or gravel lot for ~10-15.

Anytime anyone is in town, drop me a line and we can go grab a bite or libation!

dennis

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
my truck is 6'3 and i have a park card from work (ADT) and i can park in all of the U-Parks for free but I just cant turn in them. and da ass sticks out like 2 feet more than anyone else he he. if you cant fit there but have to park down at state and madison (dead center) there is the valet parking under the "L" on wabash one block away. or i just give my self a half an hour to keep turning in circles and ill find a spot. hope that helps

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
there's an above ground ramp behind the Hilton on Michigan and Congress... dunno about a SuperDuty, but my old Suburban used to fit in there pretty good..

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive not had a problem 'round houston...anything marked w/ a 6'8"
clearance (all the airport garages) is fine...seems tighter than it really
is when youre riding thru in the truck.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got to laugh.... Here we come up to a stop sign, look both ways, fix the radio to one of two stations that will come in, adjust the mirror, check the watch, move some papers off the other seat, then proceed across the road. Only have about 100 square miles to park. Of course this is at our ranch near Klamath Falls Oregon. We count 6 cars on an average day drive by the ranch. Seven and it would be a traffic jam.

:laugh

Maxtor

dpantazis

Reaction score
if anyone wants me to scout it out for them, i will be happy to. i am mobile around downtown.

the best buy is the millenium park/grant park garage though. its close enough to everything on the east side of teh city and close to other trans.

there are lots of on grade parking lots on the outskirts of the loop. for peice of mind, you can give the guy a couple of bux to keep an eye on your truck. anywhere from $9-13 range. greek town, canal/congress,
desplaines/washington. all are about a $5 from the millenium park.

merry merry

dennis

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14