Chip/Gauges Installed!!!

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
Hey folks,
Lemme start with WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just ha the gauges and DP Tuner 4 pos chip put in! Holy crap it threw me into the back of my seat! And the smoke black as coal on 140. Got it set on 80 right now, figure thats the best move, and like how it handles. All I gots to say, is Jody has my backing when it comes to referals. Also what are some normal gauge readings? Just be nice to know. Thanks and bring on the damn rice burners!! :roflmao

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
650-700* @ 75 MPH and 1900 RPM.

I can touch 1250 on a 1/4 mile run.

Keep your stock turbo under 25 pounds of boost. After 25 pounds you are out of the turbo's efficiency and the extra air you are producing is so hot it does not help you. It is also very hard on a stock turbo.

Congrats on the DP Tuner chip. Wise choice. :thumbs :cowboy: :D :sweet

Tom

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kwazyca said:
650-700* @ 75 MPH and 1900 RPM.

I can touch 1250 on a 1/4 mile run.

Keep your stock turbo under 25 pounds of boost. After 25 pounds you are out of the turbo's efficiency and the extra air you are producing is so hot it does not help you. It is also very hard on a stock turbo.

Congrats on the DP Tuner chip. Wise choice. :thumbs :cowboy: :D :sweet

Tom
I run around at 700 most of the time with 37" and 3.73 gears (way out of ideal). Ditto on the 25# boost, it will eat your stock turbo :eek: . I have seen 1300-1350 a few times when climbing passes :eek: . For a few seconds it wont (shouldnt) do any damage. I like to keep it under 1200-1250.

Last edited:

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
what about tranny temps? Thanks folks.

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:) I have a built trans but run from 170-200 most of the time. 200 is about the red line for most.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Fireman said:
what about tranny temps? Thanks folks.

I run 165-170 max unloaded on 100+ Texas days. Stock tranny and cooler other than Sonnax/Tric. It's still on dino fluid too. I see 600-700 egt on normal driving, 1150+ within seconds of wideopen throttle and I'm always on the 110hp setting. My boost is at 23-24 on the first to second shift and 26-28 on the second to third shift. The best part about what you've done is the increase in mileage once if ever you learn to keep your foot out of it. :cool:

SeeYa

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Fireman said:
Hey folks,
Lemme start with WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just ha the gauges and DP Tuner 4 pos chip put in! Holy crap it threw me into the back of my seat! And the smoke black as coal on 140. Got it set on 80 right now, figure thats the best move, and like how it handles. All I gots to say, is Jody has my backing when it comes to referals. Also what are some normal gauge readings? Just be nice to know. Thanks and bring on the damn rice burners!! :roflmao

:cool: :cool: :cool:

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Fireman said:
Hey folks,

Man you guys almost have me ordering another set of programs! :eek: :roflmao Congrats on the chip!

Oh, and my temps are the same as everyone elses on both my programmer and chip. :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14