chip help

stroke_smoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a ts chip today. the box has a NVK4 code on it and my truck has NVK5. can i use it or should i send it back and exchange it? got my truck tore apart and i need it in the morning. thank's

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Hummm............I think NVK3, NVK4 & NVK5 were all in the same family so I think it will work. Wait for some more replies.

I used an NVK4 Superchip with an NVK3 pcm for several years. :dunno

Tbar

stroke_smoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
weellllll. ts was closed. so i called dicount power part's. those are some good guy's. i recomend them. they answered the phone way after hour's and were realy helpful. they said put it in and try it. if it don't start its the wrong one. it dont start. got exchange it. thanks tbar and bryan.

Reaction score
stroke_smoke said:
weellllll. ts was closed. so i called dicount power part's. those are some good guy's. i recomend them. they answered the phone way after hour's and were realy helpful. they said put it in and try it. if it don't start its the wrong one. it dont start. got exchange it. thanks tbar and bryan.

Is this the first time you have ever installed a chip? Reason I ask is that I have seen a lot of chips installed - and everyone of them that did not start was due to the contacts not being cleaned properly. Some don't clean enough - and some only clean one side. Matter of fact on my very first chip (from TS also) - it did not start because I didn't clean the contacts good enough - sooo - just a suggestion.
And just a reminder not to leave the key in the ignition when you are messing around with this - very easy to fry stuff.

Good luck with it -

Ron

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
rgdillon said:
And just a reminder not to leave the key in the ignition when you are messing around with this - very easy to fry stuff.

And remove both negative battery cables too.

stroke_smoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah both cables are off and key out. so when i clean the contact's do i clean them till they turn copper or just till the clear is off? i went till the clear is off.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Til the clear is off. You should be able to hole the ecm up to a light at an angle and see whether or not all the goo is gone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14