chip install question

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
Hey Folks,
Real simple one here. Mon I'm lookin to have gauges in and put chip in as well. Just wondered whats the easiest way to mount the switch for the multi-positon? Probably pretty straight forward so go easy on me LOL! Thanks.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Fireman,

Have you read the chip install article that was written by Ryland (bigdaddytank) yet?

If not, heres the link for you.

Clicky here.
I like the location BigDaddyTank installed his switch but one thing that would give it a nice touch to detail is a 1-10(for example) dial backing plate for it,just an idea :cool:

Bill :cowboy:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
It'd be neat if the back plate said "ho-hum" all the way to the left and "hang on tite" all the way on the right.

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
I like the location BigDaddyTank installed his switch but one thing that would give it a nice touch to detail is a 1-10(for example) dial backing plate for it,just an idea :cool:

Bill :cowboy:
The only one that I know of that sends a backing plate like that is Banks. I was thinkin of doing somthing on photoshop and then applying it to thin piece of aluminum :dunno

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I would prefer a Turtle and a Rabbit on my plate :thumbs

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
I was thinking a good place to put it if you have to drill a hole somewhere would be in the fuse panel. That way if you ever wanted to take it out or move it you could just get a replacement fuse panel and not be left with a hole in your dash. My problem is that I've checked some of the Ford parts web sites and can't seem to get a price for a replacement. Even with the part number. Anybody know how much they are and where to get them?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Is there enough room between the back of the fuse panel door and the fuse block for the potentiometer?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14