Chip or Programmer?

copesetic

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok so now as the end of my deployment is gradually approaching. (THANK GOD) The more I add on to my trucks part list. It is schedule to go in the body shop next week for a new two-tone paint job with a new cowl induction hood and some replacement parts like mirror and grill. After it gets out of there its off to Hill's for a leveling kit, New Mickey T wheels and some pro comp tires. After that the ol' girl is getting a Banks intercooler and some new stage 1 or 2 injectors. I haven't really decided which yet. At this point in tiem I should be home or close to it, so hopefully I can be there for the split/ strait pipe. I don't think its been done before so I figured i would give it a shot.
So with all this stuff out of the way that leaves me with my last add on that I wanna do before I get back. The chip or programmer but I'm not to keen on these two so what I am asking is for your opinions on which to get. I have also been thinking of adding a gear splitter and/ or propane kit at a later time. I am looking for speed and increased towing abilities. Any advice would be much appricated.

AlaskaRedneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are planning on those bigger injectors, go for the chip hands down. A chip can be burned w/ programs for the bigger squirters :sly

And for your injectors, get the 2's..... I have 'em and love 'em, and there are so many people that Ive seen post that they really wish they would have just gone for the 2's from the beginning.

Sounds like you are gunna have a pretty sweet ride when yer done.... make sure you post pics:cool: :cool:

-Stouff

copesetic

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've seriously been thinking that but I keep getting people who tell me that I need a bigger turbo for that.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Get the Stg II's, with the intercooler you wont need a turbo and go for the chip.

nuff said. :sweet

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the stage II's, you'll be able to make real nice hp with an intercooler and stock turbo, fuel system.

If you get modded injectors keep the propane for the grill. Get a good custom chip and you won't look back.

copesetic

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help I'll post the pictures as soon as Im done with it. Actually I should say as soon as my Dad sends them to me. Kinda sucks not being able to do it myself but what can you do.

copesetic

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well I've been back from Iraq for a few months now. And have been enjoying time with my truck. Still adding things here and there but for the most part not adding any performance items. Which I know is horrible. Then yesterday my baby-girl (the truck) got sick. I guess someone told her about those stage II's. So now Im looking for them and trying to figure out if there is some who offers remanufactered stage II's. Since I really can't afford them brand new. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg