Chip Position Recommendations

smokyred

SDD Wannabe Mod #2
Reaction score
I posted this over on TDS too, no pressure!:cowboy:

Hey guys, I am getting a 6 position chip from CraigPSD, and he said he could get it reprogrammed for me. My question is what(and whos) programs should I get?

I would like Stock, High Idle, a good Economy program, a good Tow program, a good Race/Extreme/Smoke program, and I need some opinions on the last slot.

Oh and can you specify slots, for example, #1 is stock, #2 is high idle, etc....?

One more question!:D Do you guys just switch on the fly between any of the programs, stock included? Do ya let off if you're in it hard?

I'm kinda thinkin' some TWILDMAN programs. I'm getting excited here!!

Dave:thanks

threejacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just me but why would you want to waste a position on a stock setting? Almost everyone I talk to never use it again.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I would go with an (1)economy burn to replace the stock program. In the event you want to run a long road trip you would use that rather than a stock program. Then throw in (2)high idle for winter time warm ups or summer idling (helps the A/C). Then a (3)tow program and maybe a (4)tow extreem too. Then on to a (5)"hang on" program and then onto a (6)"call BTS cuz yer gonna need a tranny" program.

sixiron

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Interested in this as I am going to see "Jody" this friday..:thumbs ....my thoughts are to get a "high idle", an 80 hp "Tow" , and a "hang on" for fun, but having a van kind of limits the "fun"...and options...;tu bd

Reaction score
threejacks said:
It's just me but why would you want to waste a position on a stock setting? Almost everyone I talk to never use it again.

You must have never driven when it is icy or the roads are snow covered...stock comes in handy there, also if you have Babies the stock program will let them pass an emissions check with flying colors.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
interesting
can it be made to just correct the stock tranny program, like leave the the tq converter locked when i let off the throttle

plus a blip program to just cause tons of black smoke right off idle as I leap ahead, just for ricers or nice turkey birds whom leave their windows down and are a BUMP BUMP Thumping to bounce my windows out? my predator in teh 65 mode would do it at about 1200 rpm if you dumped the trhottle to 3/4
it would pour smoke but only for a few seconds, did get the point across though

I think right now I have plenty of HP, there i said it, I will repent later:D

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I would first find out who's chip it is. I don't think Twildman will reburn a chip that has a TS stamp on it.

I have Tow, Economy, Race and Extreme on my DI chip. I am a "flipper" when I run my chip! That's why you buy a multi-position chip for right! Usually run in Economy for slow traffic, bump it up one if it's moving pretty good, and hit Extreme for passing.:drive Good luck with your decision!:thumbs

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smokey red-

IMO with stock injectors anyting past 4 pos is kinda a waste. Hell with my huge injectors im still at 4 pos bc i couldnt ever decide what programs to fill up a 6 pos chip. Here's what i run: High idle, light tow, heavy tow, and a "get the hell outta my way or your gettin ran over" custom Tony Wildman extreme

Luke

4drdually

Wrench Head
Reaction score
BigRed CC dually said:
You must have never driven when it is icy or the roads are snow covered...stock comes in handy there,QUOTE]

But its also easier to drive a ranger in the snow that a big diesel, but we don't have a switch for that now do we? ;)

Dan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58