Chip & Programers which are the best

oilburner67

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hi everyone i love this board alot of info and knowledge. my question is i'm looking for a chip with 100+ hp and at least 250fpt plug and play adjustible but mostly i'm worried about damage to the engine( not found of banks). also i see sniper and edge are coming out with monitior that are pda . the three that i am looking at are sniper, edge, and quad although they are still in the testing phase and was wondering if anyone is testing any of these.

:sweet

2003 f-350 crew cab dualie fx4 afe stage 2,6.0, 6 speed,
future mods 4 inch superlift, 4 inch turbo back mrbp

ISurvivedNMU

Reaction score
If you are worried about your motor, why don't you try something that has been out for a while and had some more time in R&D. There are always updates with these new products...

I cannot tell you about any of the products you mentioned, Buy I have tested Bully dogs stuff, TS Perf instigator, and the old edge box...... And the TS Perf has them all blown away with power from the start, and he lowwers the shifting so you dont rev away all day...

I do know, the ones your talking about do little to change your tranny, and shifting at 100 HP+ with the stock tune is hard on your OD clutches, since (from what I understand) they are used in shifting of lower gears....

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oilburner67 said:
hi everyone i love this board alot of info and knowledge. my question is i'm looking for a chip with 100+ hp and at least 250fpt plug and play adjustible but mostly i'm worried about damage to the engine( not found of banks). also i see sniper and edge are coming out with monitior that are pda . the three that i am looking at are sniper, edge, and quad although they are still in the testing phase and was wondering if anyone is testing any of these.

Very happy with my Edge/Attitude Combo. Easy Install, easy removal, Great additional power. My guess is that any of the monitors (that are in Beta Phase), will be able to control any module you buy. (However, the Attitude A2 does sound sweet), with probably a minor software update.

FWIW

Barrett

Max Power

Reaction score
I agree the A2 is going to be a sweat unit. It will be interesting to see how many we see around with the pricetag probably well over $1000.

Car_nut57

Reaction score
oilburner67 said:

We have experience with Banks and Edge and have seen very good performance from both. In the highest power level the EGTs climb very rapidly with the Banks, but can be handled with the addition of their intercooler. The Edge seems to be slightly cooler than the Banks in the highest power level and works well giving you the features of the Attitude monitor. We have ont tried the other brands mentioned, so we cannot compare them to the Banks or Edge.

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
I have had chips and a programmer. Both have their advantages. Chip is easily removed but leave tracks that it has been there that can't be removed. You have to clean the contacts that are on the PCM. Having a flip chip that you can change on the fly is great. If you need a little more power, just hit the switch.
I also like the programmer because it leave no tracks that it was there and it is easy to remove or change settings. Also most come with a fairly good diagnostics program for trouble shooting.
I'm currently running the Juice/attitude with the 80HP setting on the EVO and love it.
Jim

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
oilburner67,

Get the Edge Juice and Attitude, we sell them 10 to 1 everyday here at DPPI over every brand that has been mentioned. We even had Gauge Works make us a nice A pillar mount for the Attitude so it's easily read and out of the way at the same time. Call us if you have any questions etc.

Mark @ DPPI

Last edited:

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OB,
I see you have exhaust and intake already - so you will get the complete benefit of a tuner....
EVERYBODY has their favorite....
and since it's THEIR'S it IS the best :)

I have had a Predator programmer for 18 months that has worked well for me for about 30K miles...
more power, more mpg, better responsiveness....
some say it's the worst thing you can do to your truck, but it's been fine for me...

many ARE raving about the SCT...
and if I didn't already have one, I would probably get one of those...
just that since I have one and
it works well for me and
I DON'T "need" the few more hp it would give me above my dyno tested 375rwhp and 720 lbft,
hesitate to change at this time....

I can tell you this FOR SURE,
once you "tune up" your truck, you WON'T ever want to go back to stock... it is that much of an improvement - even in normal day to day driving!
:thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg