Chip, Programmer, or stock

ISurvivedNMU

Reaction score
Since the 6.0 is such a pain in the butt to install a chip on, is it swaying anyone to programmers, or are you keeping it stock, just cause of the pain.

Personally, i liked the programmer, but I have not found the power in a programmer that I can get from the chips.

I finally removed my computer and placed the chips where the computer used to ben and put the computer on my fuse box, just to make things easier.

And I hae heard some of the new chips are going to be easier... But, whats your thoughts... -popcorn

Max Power

Reaction score
Can someone describe to me what was changed between the 03-04's and the 05 models? It seems that the 05's are problematic. I just finished an install on the 03 and it took less than half an hour.

Last edited:

ISurvivedNMU

Reaction score
Yes, they put the abs controller next to the battery. It makes it a paint to run the wires , and if your putting a TS PErf chip in, you have no choice, but to relocate the computer, and put the chip in the computers place. It nothing like the chevy or dodge chip installs.

Max Power

Reaction score
Cool, I know its nothing like the GM and Dodge but the 03 is not too difficult. Sounds like the 05's are a lot more work. Thanks for informing me.

JIM_C

Turbo Lover
Reaction score
It may depend on what the dealer/Ford can detect (with respect to warranty concerns). If they can detect when a programmer was used but not a chip, then it might be worth the extra PITA. I'm leaving mine stock for a while, even though the MPG gains with the chips and programmers is attractive.

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
I happen to be very happy with the power in the 05' already LoL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58