Chip saved the day

BigBadMarine

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Laying in a wet southeast Texas rice field.
Well guys...my Tony Wildman chip saved me about $37K yesterday. I had gone dove hunting that morning and had the trailer and 4wheeler with me. After hunting, I met the wife and kids at a furniture store to pick out kids stuff. I parked the truck and trailer, then turned my 4 postion chip to the "no start" position. I have the switch hidden. The 4wheeler was locked up with a On Guard security cable to the trailer frame. Anyhow, I come out from shopping only to find that some cornbreadin' low life scum sucking piece of fecal matter had popped the passenger side door lock. It was obvious that they were trying to start the truck since my ignition was destroyed. The low lifes did steal my GPS unit and my shotgun:cussing: I know that if it wouldn't have been for my chip in the no start position, they would have driven away with the truck, trailer and 4wheeler. What really saved me was having the switch hidden. I think they were looking for the switch, since they ripped off the access panel under the steering column. I count my blessings, since it could have been worse.

Last edited:

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
BBM, That sux! I need to relocate my chip switch ASAP. So are you gonna spend the saved 37K on the wife? :D

pete37922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry 2 hear wut happened wit some jerk tryin 2 steal ur baby, but glad 2 hear they didnt get away wit it !!!

BigBadMarine

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Laying in a wet southeast Texas rice field.
BBM, That sux! I need to relocate my chip switch ASAP. So are you gonna spend the saved 37K on the wife? :D

Spend it on my wife???:whah The only reason I stopped was because she wanted to get the kids new funiture.:rant I should have known better. More like she needs to get me a new shotgun and gps unit.

Seriously though, talking to the sheriff deputy, he said the Ford 250 and 350 are the easiest to break into and start...takes less than 2 minutes:eek: He said if it wouldn't have been for the chip, my rig would be history.

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
good to hear the low lifes didnt get the truck, I to have a hidden fuel cut off( dont ask where) switch, it gets used everytime i venture into Dallas ( sorry guys)
and the only door lock tumbler is disconnected, no linkage at all, somebody has to bust the window.

i like the led light in your overhead, nice touch

again good to hear you and your family were unharmed :sweet and the PSD is still in your possesion

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously though, talking to the sheriff deputy, he said the Ford 250 and 350 are the easiest to break into and start...takes less than 2 minutes:eek:

sorry but that deputy doesnt know what hes talking about....
the dodge and gmc are just as easy...and 2 min. is about 8 times longer
than it really takes.

local houston tv show did news segment...used a DODGE (thank god),
the guy was in the truck, removed the radio & had the truck running an
pulled off in 20 seconds...yes TWENTY SECONDS.

the only tools he used....a flat blade screw driver and a pair of vise grip
plyers !

interesting to me that HPD & all the other cops know which cars/trucks
are the targets but they dont seem to be watching the parking lots !?!

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
interesting to me that HPD & all the other cops know which cars/trucks
are the targets but they dont seem to be watching the parking lots !?!

Bush
a few years back my wife and i took a 12 week class with the jacksonville sherriffs office, it was a big PR thing to boost support for the police, etc
overall it was fantastic, lots of behind the scenes stuff and car stheft and shooting bad guys (virtual)
the one thing that struck me as OMG, no wonder the police dont stop as many speeders and watch parking lots and all teh other stuff us law abiders would think. Is they aer so busy doing CALLS for service, breakins, car jacking, shootings at crack houses, etc that they just dont have the manpower or time to hang out in parking lots or look for folks stealing particular cars and trucks unless its near a known haven for drugs or guns or shootem ups.
who can blame em... its our own fault. we dont want higher taxes to pay for more police, but we sure do get pizzzy when us/we get hit.

when we took the class JSO ( jax sherrif office) had one of the highest starting salaries for new police, 60k and a car, plus new .40 hand guns and stuff, know who paid for it????? DRUG dealers, JSO had such a large "customer" base they literally were fueling the police department with seized $$ and properties. plus they had a sherrif that put all the cops on teh street and let paper pushers do all that clerical stuff.

youd think with houston and dallas record of drugs and stuff they would have millions of police ??????
i feel better now :D :D

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i might agree if they werent restricted to areas of patrol...when the
low life renter/scammer next to me stole the TWO LARGE A/C compressors
out side the house he was living in <i refuse to say RENTING or PAYING>...

it was all i could do to get the cop to take a report much less actually
take down the license plate of the truck that pulled of w/ the A/C units
in the back of it...We pay EXTRA to have 'em patrol our neighborhood
(its like being taxed TWICE !?!)

im sorry but these guys are doing LESS w/ MORE <tax payer $>...and
theyre chasing the WRONG people in my opinion...theyre lookin for the
SAFE <low hanging fruit> !

ALPR (automated license plate recognition)...
better keep up w/ your fines and insurance...
YouTube - ALPR Licence Plate Reader 2 - Featured on Hacked Gadgets
YouTube - ALPR - Automatic License Plate Recon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58