Chip : Wait To Start light

kbud14

I will never learn
Reaction score
I just chipped my truck, and the Wait To Start light doesnt stay on as long. Im not worried, as the glow plugs are still on, based on the volt meter. Just wondering if this is common or has happened to anybody else.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Depending on who wrote the program or what kind of chip it is,,,,, yet that is common.

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
I just chipped my truck, and the Wait To Start light doesnt stay on as long. Im not worried, as the glow plugs are still on, based on the volt meter. Just wondering if this is common or has happened to anybody else.

even on stock pcms, the wts light has absolutely nothing to do with glowplug on time. the wts light is the pcm's best guess of when the engine will start, it isn't always accurate.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I just chipped my truck, and the Wait To Start light doesnt stay on as long.

Your 94' programming told the light to stay on for a set amount of time. Your new programming is telling the light to stay on for different lengths of time depending on air temp, oil temp and water temp. Very normal for cycle time to change when you upgrade the programming.

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know i remember my 97 stroke doin the same thing. i had forgotten about that. I think it happens to all of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl