Chips/ Tuners

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
Hey guys,
The same people that run FTE run this? Anyways, What i'm wondering is what's y'alls take on chips or tuners? I'm in the market and was leanin towards Hypertech Programmer 3. Just don't want to get a bogus one I guess. Thanks!!

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Fireman said:
Hey guys,
The same people that run FTE run this? Anyways, What i'm wondering is what's y'alls take on chips or tuners? I'm in the market and was leanin towards Hypertech Programmer 3. Just don't want to get a bogus one I guess. Thanks!!

welcome, do you have a powerstroke? try adding your signature. I use a superchips, it was my entry into programmimg world, I will be switching to a flipable chip soon.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same people that run FTE ????

True ??????????????????????

Think it's just similar software.... :eek:

get ya a tuner soon - you WON'T believe the difference....
more power, more mpg (sometimes :) )

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Fireman said:
Hey guys,

Fireman,

Welcome to SDD.com and no, we are not affiliated with FTE in any way shape or form.

Help us help you by letting us know what you drive, what if any mods you have done to it or are planning on doing to it in the future. That way we can give you a little better informed opinion.

Mike

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I had a towing chip, but switched to a 3 position chip from Jody Tipton and really like it so far. He can program it to what you have done to your truck or however you want it. The choice is yours so check out your options and do a little research and make a decision, you'll enjoy the power gains reguardless of any chip or programmer. Happy shopping :sweet

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
Fireman said:
Hey guys,
The same people that run FTE run this? Anyways, What I'm wondering is what's y'alls take on chips or tuners? I'm in the market and was leanin towards Hypertech Programmer 3. Just don't want to get a bogus one I guess. Thanks!!

If FTE had anything to do with this site I would be long gone. They are only interested in helping people if it puts a dollar in their pocket! -mad :cussing: :censored:

Rant over.

Best chip on the market today is a custom burned chip from Jody Tipton (DP Tuner) Hands down.

If you need more testimonials I can provide tons of links.

Tom

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
Thanks guys, think I got my sig workin. Sorry to all the FTE hater's, just thought it looked similar. I agree with JohnBoyToo, probably similar software. Anyother thoughts out there on my question? I will check in with Jody @ DP tuner. Also 95 stroker, where did you get your tru-cool at? Thinkin of gettin the Banks intercooler. But have heard good things about tru-cool. Just can't find it. Y'all will probably hear a lot from me, still new to diesels.

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
kwazyca said:
If FTE had anything to do with this site I would be long gone. They are only interested in helping people if it puts a dollar in their pocket! -mad :cussing: :censored:

Rant over.

Best chip on the market today is a custom burned chip from Jody Tipton (DP Tuner) Hands down.

If you need more testimonials I can provide tons of links.

Tom
I gotta go with Tom on the FTE part, there are some good post's and good conversations but there are way too many FTE zealots is the only way I can think of saying. Its ok to bash sponsers over there as long as its not the webmaster's sponser Motorhaven, because they only sells the best and the greatest and everything else is junk. A while back I had emailed motorhaven and asked them if I had a Predator tuner could I read and clear codes from my dad's 03 6.0. They said "NO they use a totally seperate connection, but we can sell you one for for each" :confused: OBDII connections are universal arent they? YES they are because I just used his Xcalibrator2 to read and clear codes from my 01 7.3. Then somone asked about TS chips and I commented that I have had good luck with mine and am very happy and a couple others did to. We also sugested DP and Tony Wildman, one of the zealots drags out some old post about the webmaster and motorhaven having a bad time with TS a while back and someone else jumps in bashing TS then the webmaster gets on pimping his stuff with links (Which they complained about another sponser doing the exact same thing) and some sais those of us suggesting alternatives shouldnt bash what people decide to buy :censored: :nutkick:
OK My rant is over. Sorry :oops:
On topic.
Welcome to the best diesel site around, you will like it here, lots of very knowlegeble people who will help you with learning all about your diesel.
Like was said above, chips or tuners make these big trucks come alive. Just remember that once you start, you wont want to stop, its PMS - Powerstroke Modding Syndrome. :thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14