Chuggin

03bighossf250

Da Man
Reaction score
Has anyone had thier Injection Control Pump Go out on them? My truck idles normal than raises then normal even when i'm doing like 60mph it will jump a little. My PDA says it the ICP. Any Ideas?

bigtrxs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had thier Injection Control Pump Go out on them? My truck idles normal than raises then normal even when i'm doing like 60mph it will jump a little. My PDA says it the ICP. Any Ideas?

(ICP) Injection Control Pressure. I had mine go out twice,and both times the icp was leaking oil.I have an 03 6.0 and it is located in the very back of the engine behind the turbo right next to the IPR valve.Go to forddoctorsdts.com and there is some more info on that.:sweet

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
How hard was it to replace and how much was it? I seen that article but my truck isnt stalling or hard to start it just revs and bucks

The ICP is a pain to get at on the 2003 engines, it's on the back of the driver's side cylinder head...

Check to make sure you're engine oil level isn't over the full mark, I always keep it halfway between full and add. Overfull oil level can cause surging.

bigtrxs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like roy said it is a pain to get to.If you get under the truck you may not see it because their is a heat shield that kind of covers it.You can see if you can reach for it and try to take the heat shield of,its bolted on by two bolts.I bought one at the stealership once for about 125 bucks but you can also find them on ebay for about 50 bucks.However the 03 models are diffrent than the 04 and up models.Good luck.

You might want to check and clean you Mass Air Sensor:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58