FYI Class action settlement, accelerator pedal

uloadit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last year I got a letter in from the district court from Oklahoma .To make a long story short It said that any 7.3 between the year 2001 to 2003 that have an non adjustable accelerator pedal be replaced ( “ When a driver pushes down forcefully on the pedal with the intent that the vehicle accelerate .The engine may go in to idle rather than accelerate. Ford and WCI (Williams Controls Inc ) deny that they breached any warranty and deny that this return to idle situation occurs under reasonable anticipated driving conditions ,but rather occurs IF AT ALL ,only when the accelerator is used abusively. In addition, normal acceleration resumes as soon as force on the pedal is reduced to normal level. “ ) Now that being said eight months later I just got this letter saying I should get my accelerator pedal change out buy August 31 2011. No charge . I never had that problem but I never relay slam my accelerator pedal to the floor boards at all . The program is called 10B16

Has any one got this letter from Cuesta Settlement Administrator

I am not in to bringing my truck to a ford dealer but I like to just get the pedal and put it on my shelf if I do have a problem

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
For liability reasons, they'll want the old one, and insist on installing the new one. You won't get one to put on the shelf.

uloadit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don’t give you much of a time frame , seven months is not much ! if it not broken why fix it but if I do I like to have it replaced when I do have a problem

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it not broken why fix it but if I do I like to have it replaced when I do have a problem

dollars, short time frame means fewer people are going to bring it in and get it done and if they put the time frame on it then the bean counters get a concrete number that they can report as a loss to the shareholders and it's not dragging on for years and years. Thing CPS I'm still running my OE one 15 years later, there's a spare in the glovebox incase I need it.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never had that problem but I never relay slam my accelerator pedal to the floor boards at all .

I've done that (I was :rant at the time), and it acted like a cps issue. It just cut out for a couple of seconds...let off the pedal... and it went back to normal. Figured it was just a safety thing sono one blows the motor up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58