Class V 2.5" locking hitch pin

Yellowsub1962

supernewbie
Reaction score
What are y'all running in the way of locking pins for the 2.5" receivers? I prefer NOT to buy chinese if I can help it. and I bumper pull a 12K load so I need a pin that is actually up to the task... I do not want to swap out the lock for the pin when I roll and then back again when I park for the night...

TIA :thumbs
PSD

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like a good one. Just make sure the lock cover is in place all the time or it will get mud and things in it.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't like those pins. I lost the lock off of my pin when I was towing. It did not lock on when I changed my hitch ball. It was probably my mistake, but I did not see anything out of the ordinary, so off I went. When I got the equipment to the destination, I noticed the missing lock. Fortunately the pin did not come off or I would have lost the entire tractor and trailer.

Now I use a pin with a horseshoe looking lock that a padlock can slide through to secure the pin. Very visual.

Dave

Elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the site:
such as the Toyota Tundra and Ford Duramax

:doh:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run one simular to that...total pain in the arse...it works and its necessary
i realize but man its a pain getting underthere to lock/unlock

i wish there were a better solution.

Yellowsub1962

supernewbie
Reaction score
I'm not stranger to the "barrel lock" style. I don't mind it and actually prefer it as it clears the safety hooks easier for a couple of my trailers. I sent an e-mail off to them late last night asking where they were made. I'm guessing china by the grammatical errors on the page (like the Ford Duramax). I'll post up my findings, and whether I decide on that one or continue my quest.

Yellowsub1962

supernewbie
Reaction score
check out the PAIR (key'd alike) from rapid hitch.

I had that one (set) in my hand yesterday at the RV store, but the plating looked cheap and it was made in china... I still can't get over how hard it is to find a decent locking pin made in the USA:(

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that one (set) in my hand yesterday at the RV store, but the plating looked cheap and it was made in china... I still can't get over how hard it is to find a decent locking pin made in the USA:(

if theyre 30 & 40 bucks and made in china i can only imagine what
theyll cost when made in the USA...and im sorry but made in the usa
doesnt mean itll be better...just that the lawyers & unions will have
put more overhead cost into it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14