clay bar??

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
scooter: and your info. is NOT free. gee, thanks.. :sly and thanks for the details although i question the use of armor all as a lube to use w/ the bar. do i really use it?-popcorn i thought it was not supposed to go on painted surfaces.. the small pieces thing - great tip - don't like non factory pin stripes.. and you are also saying i need to wash it again.. :doh: there ain't enough time in the day to spit shine it once let alone twice + a wax job.... friggin 4 doors and short bed. just glad i did not get the long bed..:roflmao :thumbs

Read it closer, you armor all it after the second wash, and before you start waxing it, which is after the clay bar. For the lube, you can use, and you are going to laugh, but baby soap. about an ounce in a quart bottle, and it will work great. Another good thing is that it is so gentle that it will not husrt whatever wax you have on the truck.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
sorry i am blonde..
after reading it 50 times i understand now.. use armor all on the tires/plastic not on the paint w/ use of the clay bar...:doh:

baby soap huh. 1 oz. in a water squirt bottle is the 'proper' mixture huh. gotta try that. i still think we got some j/j laying around somewhere..

tanks again!!
p.s. how much do u charge for a long distance house call...-popcorn :roflmao

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wash my truck.. Then i use the same soapy bucket as a lube. get it all wet and clay bar it. Squeeze the clay bar once its dirty. Kind of ball it up then flatten it and go again. The maguires works ok. I got some purple clay bar from work which is better. I forgot the name. I have even used citrus cleaner as a lube. It removed all wax. I waxed it after.. Definately cleans paint. I did it on a red truck. It looked great after.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I got some purple clay bar from work which is better. I forgot the name.
Was it this?
C-101.jpg

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I clay bar the entire Excursion(roof,sides,rear doors and lower 2 tone trim panels) I keep WD40 handy to get the tar off the lower panels before the clay bar goes on so it doesn't get junked up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58