Cleaned EGR and...

Cannon

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The tune I was running had the EGR off and the entire thing was plugged up. I put the stock tune back in it so I need the EGR to work. Before the cleaning I think the EGR was sticking open. At idle the truck would smoke with the stock tune. If I put the tune back in it the smoke would stop.

My scanner still shows EGR error %... I noticed when I was cleaning it that if you shake it it makes a slight rattle sound. Is something supposed to move inside the valve or did it get damaged when it was trying to move while being stuck? I drove it home and at adle the truck smokes just a little bit but not as much as before. (I did install new o-rings)

Last edited:

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
do a search for egr cleaning procedures (i hope you did it that way) - as for the rattle i have no idea....there is a hole you do not want anything in as it would ruin the egr....

Cannon

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Im gonna drive it for a while and see if it cleans itself out. It might need some miles put on it to clean it out after being closed for so long.

Cannon

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Pulled a 18' Trailer today, when I got back to the shop it smoked really bad as I was pulling in and while idling. I wiped my finger in the tailpipe and it was oily. I dont understand why it only does this with the stock tune. If I put the 100HP tune in it its fine....

bigmike33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just cleaned my EGR today. It was about 50% coked up but kind of damp. When I had it out it rattled too. I am not sure either if this is a good thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14