Clearance Light Mod

strokin'

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I know it had been discussed before, but I can't find all the part numbers that are needed to add clearance lights to a truck without 'em stock. I also read of a template for the spacing but couldn't find any such thing. I did find this though. Man, I want these bad now. :eek:

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
There really arent specific part numbers that are required. I added Grote teardrop lights to mine and simply ran a single wire across them all with splice connections and plugged into the plug behind the passenger kickplate.

Some lights might have a template included but mine didnt. I'll find the write up I used and edit this shortly. I have a few pictures in my sig but not of the process.

edit -- well I cant find the write up I used but read the one you had. The spacing and directions there are at least as good as the one I used. I spent about $40 total including the 5 lights for $6 each. You can use any after market lights you like and simply make your own daisy chain wiring. you can also search 1stFordparts.com for the factory parts if you want. It will be around $100 to do it that way.

Last edited:

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
strokin' said:
I know it had been discussed before, but I can't find all the part numbers that are needed to add clearance lights to a truck without 'em stock. I also read of a template for the spacing but couldn't find any such thing. I did find this though. Man, I want these bad now. :eek:

Hi Randy--

Send CHPMustang a PM and he'll send you the part #'s. He sent them to me but I already deleted them after the install. You'll need a harness, 5 lamps, and 10 nuts. About $70 with shipping from www.fordpartsonline.com.

The link you've got for Motoman's install is the one I used. Mine are perfectly spaced, but off laterally about 1/8" inch. It's unnoticeable without really looking at it. The most difficult step is determining the center of the roofline for the middle lamp.

Good luck.

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TexasExcursion said:
Hi Randy--

Send CHPMustang a PM and he'll send you the part #'s. He sent them to me but I already deleted them after the install. You'll need a harness, 5 lamps, and 10 nuts. About $70 with shipping from www.fordpartsonline.com.

The link you've got for Motoman's install is the one I used. Mine are perfectly spaced, but off laterally about 1/8" inch. It's unnoticeable without really looking at it. The most difficult step is determining the center of the roofline for the middle lamp.

Good luck.

You actually do not need the part #s. Just go to 1stfordparts.com as listed above and ask them for a quote for the harness, (tell them your year, trim level, lariat, overhead console, lighted vanity, etc) the 5 lights and the 10 nuts. They will email you a quote.

Barrett

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You can get the spacing for the lights from underneith the the roof panel. It is all there in the wiring harness hold-down holes.

Dave

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
will this work for me 2

You can get the spacing for the lights from underneith the the roof panel. It is all there in the wiring harness hold-down holes.

Dave

DaveBen Are you saying that when you remove the headliner that there will be marks kinda telling me where they should be??

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Crusin350 said:
DaveBen Are you saying that when you remove the headliner that there will be marks kinda telling me where they should be??

I didn't pull the headliner down, just pulled it down far enough so I could reach my hand up and plug the harness in to the fixture. Excursions have a long headline, maybe your's is easier. Use the link TBar posted, it works well.

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
Thanks Tbar, looks like your post has everything I needed.

TexasEx I had to remove the headliner in my old suburban back in the day. It was horrible, I drove around for like a month because I just didn't feel like putting it back in. I had to drill 20 holes in the roof to mound a factory luggag rack, that was a nightmare.

I will deffinatly try to do this with out pulling it all of the way out.

thanks for the help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14