Climate Controls issue

06PSDROCK

Big Chief
Reaction score
My climate controls (A/C Controls) did not come on (nothing came on at all, blank controls and the bottons did nothing) recently when I started my truck. This is the second time this has happened. To fix this I had to turn the truck off and wait a second or two and then try again. Both time the climate controls came back on and worked just fine. Has anyone experienced this and what was done to fix it?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
my 06 has done this several times.
plus it wipes out the tow command function.
but it will come back after i shut down.

i did find one fuse loose

vailcomp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem-on my 05 PS took it dealer replaced it- I also had this happen on my 04 F-150- same deal take it in - they will deal with it.

06PSDROCK

Big Chief
Reaction score
The truck is still under warranty. I am going to try and make an appointment next week to let the dealer look at it.

the_hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mee too

I would appreciate it if you posted the problem after taking it to the dealer. I live +/- 4 hours from my dealer, and this has been happening to me to. So if you could let me know before I take it in to the dealer, that would be great:thanks

dieselpilot

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've had the same thing happen twice now as well, months apart and fixed it the same way, shut off the truck, wait a few seconds and restart.

I hadn't taken it into the dealer because I can't recreate the issue on demand and I just expect them to tell me to bring it in when it fails completely.

If it can't be recreated does anyone know if it will be addressed just on my word or will it display some kind of fault code that could be traced.

the_hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your 4 hours from a ford dealer??!

A good one anyway. I live an hour from the ferry, and thats an hour and a half ride, then an hour to the dealer. My local dealer refused to work on my dealer installed at purchase time, remote start because I did not buy the truck through him. So he gets none of my business.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14