Clutch PEDAL removal

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was just on my way home from town and my clutch pedal went to the floor. Pulled into a parking lot and saw the tab laying on the floor that the actuating rod goes onto to actuate the master cylinder then the slave cyl....etc. I'm going to weld it back on but after getting under there to pull the clutch safety switch to allow it to start again I realized the pedals might come out as an assembly. Anyone ever remove them or just the clutch pedal itself?? It was pouring rain so I didn't spend a lot of time under there. I see the pivot shaft that the pedals pivot on so maybe the pedal is removable separately.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I finally had time to really look at the pedal assembly. I got it out with just two circlips and sliding the shaft out. Thought there was enough room to slide towards the fender but had to slide it towards the center of the truck. Couple scraped knuckles but other than that, pretty easy....10 minutes. Going to weld it now.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All fixed. I need to either get a new pedal assembly or cut the old actuating rod tab off and replace with a shaft that matches the size of the actuating rod and put a washer and cotter pin in the end to keep the rod from coming off. Good enough for now though.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was till I welded it!! If you look close you will see how wore the little tit/tab is where the actuating rod goes. I'm going to replace with a shaft that fits the bushing from Ford that is no longer on my actuating rod due to wear. 211K on it now so the pedal has been pushed in quite a few times!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58