Question clutch replacement

leadfootlouie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I need to do a new clutch not because of clutch but the throw-out bearing took a dump. 125k miles, not prob with clutch performance, no shudder or slippage but at this mileage will replace all. I looked for but could not find any recent postings or threads on this subject so would like any new or current info from experienced forum member. 2000 f 350 7.3 l d.
From what I've read so far the big nut to crack is removing tranny/transfer in one piece with use of tranny jack, will be doing it on the ground in my garage.
Any good sources of info on howto would be appreciated.
What replacement parts are recommended?
THX everyone!
cheers

JRNOLL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my early 99, I replaced the original clutch with a south bend. I replaced the pilot bearing, pressure plate, throw out bearing ,clutch plate and actuator arm and pivots for the same. My clutch died at 105,000 mi from throwing a spring out of the clutch plate. Truck now has 200,250 mi and no problems. Hope this helps. Joe

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my early 99, I replaced the original clutch with a south bend. I replaced the pilot bearing, pressure plate, throw out bearing ,clutch plate and actuator arm and pivots for the same. My clutch died at 105,000 mi from throwing a spring out of the clutch plate. Truck now has 200,250 mi and no problems. Hope this helps. Joe

What he said.

I did the same Total replacement of the whole assembly... and never looked back. (on my 2K)

Joe

leadfootlouie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just to let you know I finally dropped the tranny today with the help of my son balancing the whole tran and transfer case in one piece on a floor jack. The throwout bearing was toast but fortunately did not damage the tranny input shaft. Just waiting for a few more parts. and will replace everything and wrestle it back in in the next few days.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58