CMF+ and Pusher intakes

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
Is anyone running a CMF+ or Pusher intake elbow? I am looking to get one and was wondering if anyone is running one as they seem to be the cheapest on the market

thanks

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I think you are right about them being the cheapest.

S&B makes one, so does BD Power, and of course Banks, but all are between 300 to 400

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
A less restrictive intake filter might not filter the air very well. You can get grit passing the filter if the filter does not do its job properly. This is where a lot of them can claim better performance and higher horsepower. Just so you know.

Dave

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
A less restrictive intake filter might not filter the air very well. You can get grit passing the filter if the filter does not do its job properly. This is where a lot of them can claim better performance and higher horsepower. Just so you know.

Dave

Yeah I got ya on that one.. im still running my donaldson air filter.. im talking about the intake manifold that is connected to to the motor.... after the cool air goes through the intercooler and comes back up to the motor through the drivers side boost tube it goes through that intake manifold but the stock one is restrictive...

bama is running the banks high ram air intake manifold on his truck i think.. but those are more in the 400 dollar range.. the cmf+, pusher, and accufab intake manifolds are around 180 or so.... i was just wondering if there is a difference in the performance or quality sinse the prices were so different...

my theor is.. once you open it up and create a good flow it there isn't much that is different from one to the other.. i know the stock one is a complete 90 degree angle which is why they are more restrictvie...

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Nate, I think that any of them would do fine. The whole idea behind the bigger intakes is to allow more air and move that air in the most less restrictive way.

As you know, the stock intake elbow has a sharp down turn, where as the bigger intakes allow for a more fluid downturn to allow the most air as possible to get down in there.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You are also running a compressed intake charge, so restriction is not a big deal until you are drawing more than will freely flow.

Dave

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
Nate, I think that any of them would do fine. The whole idea behind the bigger intakes is to allow more air and move that air in the most less restrictive way.

As you know, the stock intake elbow has a sharp down turn, where as the bigger intakes allow for a more fluid downturn to allow the most air as possible to get down in there.

thats kinda what i was thinking but didn't know if there was some "catch" about the others or something... thanks

You are also running a compressed intake charge, so restriction is not a big deal until you are drawing more than will freely flow.

Dave

I would say you're right about that.. but eventually i will be so and then it prolly would help a little to have less restrective flow... this is a pretty cheap thing so i might go for it now and it'll already be there when i am drawing more air.... thanks though.. never really looked at it that way

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14