code 470 & 478

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Bone,

you'll find the tube off the right (passengers side) exh manifold on the bottom side, it will run upto a sensor located beside the HPOP.

bonestroker

stroke it if you got it
Reaction score
I found it :sweet thanks guys I'm going too go to blackcloud & order the exhaust backpress sensor eliminator stage II. I might get the map-maximizer to :thumbs :thumbs again thank guys

Superduty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
With regards to these code eliminators, etc...

A little history: I was receiving a P0478 code. I did some reading on The Diesel Stop and determined the problem was probably a clogged EBPS tube. I did not want to deal with cleaning it, etc., so I decided on the DFUSER code eliminators. I bought from Pure Diesel Power (good service). I bought the Stage 2 EBPS code eliminator and the EBPV terminator. My understanding was all P047X codes would be gone once these were installed.

After installation I cleared codes, but continued to get P0470, and P0475 when checking KOEO. I was also getting P0476 on KOER test on Auto Enginuity. I then decided to clean the EBPS tube. I did the grease trick and ran some compressed air through it. I reinstalled the EBPS and the stage 2 eliminator. I was able to get rid of the P0470 and P0475 codes (at least for now), but the P0476 is still present when doing the KOER test on AE.

I thought these eliminators and terminators were supposed to get rid of all the codes? Was I wrong? FWIW, the P0476 code does not stay in the ECM (hard code?), so it does not turn up when doing the KOEO test.

Any ideas why the P0476 code still rears its ugly head. Even if this code doesn't effect anything as far as fueling, etc., I did not want any codes related to P047X.

My other concern/question is that it looks like the P0470 and P0475 codes were eliminated because the I cleaned the tube....not because of the stage 2 eliminator???

Most probably wont see that P0476 code..unless of course you check with the Auto Enginuity software?

TIA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14