code for door keypad

Jimmy T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know how to get the factory default code for the door unlock keypad without taking it to the dealer and paying $50.00? Bought the truck used and the guy had lost the card with the code on it.

obonaventure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
West Deptford, Gloucester County, Southern New Jer
Jimmy T said:
Does anybody know how to get the factory default code for the door unlock keypad without taking it to the dealer and paying $50.00? Bought the truck used and the guy had lost the card with the code on it.

On the Excursion the keypad code is on a label on the VSM. The VSM in my Excursion is under the dash. I've been told if you remove the mystery hook and look up inside with a flashlight you should be able to see the label. Look at my pics and you'll see some pics of my old VSM.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i believe on the trucks its the same place, if you pull your radio its on the printed tag up on the vsm box upside down and backwards way up under the dash near the firewall flashlight and a good inspection mirror,\never tried teh hook panel trick, its possible dpending on how much sound deadening junk you got left

Jimmy T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks

This site is saving me $. Dealerships hurt the wallet.:thanks

DavidJ

DavidJ
Reaction score
I couldn't find mine, so 50 bucks is pretty reasonable. If you do have to take it to the dealer and need another key cut ask them if they'll include it with extracting the code. My dealer through in the code find when I had two keys cut I supplied and coded for the $100. Good luck :)

strokethisford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i had to go to the dealer for mine because they said on 2004 they dont have a sticker with the number on it so i took it in and got it back in about 10 mins only cost me 22.50 plus i ate all the cookies in the waiting room so i thought i got a good deal it wasnt worth my time for 22.50

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
strokethisford said:
i had to go to the dealer for mine because they said on 2004 they dont have a sticker with the number on it so i took it in and got it back in about 10 mins only cost me 22.50 plus i ate all the cookies in the waiting room so i thought i got a good deal it wasnt worth my time for 22.50
haha

way to get your dollars worth!:sweet

ryaneverk2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
strokethisford said:
HAHAHA, there ya go! Like when you go to a restaurant and load up on the free bread/butter or chips/salsa, so you have more leftovers to take home... gettin' your money's worth.:thumbs ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14