Code P0231

mwalls54

Tex
Reaction score
well i am getting code p0231 and the truck wont start, P0231 Fuel Pump Secondary Circuit Low but i have no idea whats going on. it ran fine yesterday, today it will crank but wont start. any help would be greatful

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The fuel pump (electrical pump) is not running due to one of these; FP relay, inertia switch (accident causes this), faulty fuel pump. I would check the fuses to see if you have any blown. Next would be the relays in the fuse box. There should be a diagram on the inside of the fuse box. Good Luck.

Dave

mwalls54

Tex
Reaction score
the fuse 40 is the only thing that is labeled as fuel pump. nothing else, i have swapped a few relays around and that didnt' change anything. every fuse is good. I have reset the switch and nothing, i guess it will have to get towed into the dealership

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
P1000 is an OBD systems readiness test not complete. Recycle the key and it should be OK.

Dave

txastuff79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you even check to see if the fuel pump was pumping or trying to pump? disconnect quick disconnect under the truck, attach spare line and run into a bucket. cycle key. this wont tell fuel pressure, but will tell you if it works. its an easy test.

mwalls54

Tex
Reaction score
i could hear it kick on but didn't check to see if it was pumping out. since its under warranty i am just going to let the dealership mess with it. It was blocking the garage with the only working suv we had so i had to have it towed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58