Help Needed Code's and High egt's

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
Well I need some help on the truck in my signature.

The only thing that I have done different lately is change the tuning of my chip I have went with TW tune threw CT Performance. Now the truck runs so much better then before but here are the issues.

My EGT's have shot threw the roof my fuel mileage has dropped to rock bottom. I was pulling my trailer yesterday total of 6000# up a hill and to slow down because of egt and check engine light.

Towing or not just driving I keep getting a P1211 code.

Same chip as before just went from ts tune to TW tune.

1 Stock
2 high idle
3 tow
4 heavy tow
5 street
6 extreme

don't matter which tune trailer or not I get the P1211 code.

any advice.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The P1211 code is: "P1211 Injector Control Pressure Sensor Above / Below Desired" so it seems to me that the tuner is fooling the truck to produce more power using the Injector Control pressure settings. Sounds like TOO MUCH FUEL to me, thus the high EGT's. How high did you see the EGT's?

Dave:dunno

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
Most of the time was a 1000 highest was 1300 for about 2 seconds starting to climb the hill.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That is not terrible high. You can run at 1000° for quite a while, and 1200° for short periods of time. By short times I mean under a minute. Let it cool off before you shut it down. Try to keep the temps under 1200°.

Dave

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
I will try to call tony tomorrow and see what he has to say. I also might have a local guy come out and hook his scanner on it and do some test run and check the HPOP and IPR to see if there going south or still good. I do have 168000 miles on all factory parts It just might be time.

Thanks For your input.

I have also been looking at buying the auto enginuity so I can do my own testing.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
That's the thing with canned tunes.. They're written for a specific set of equipment, so any changes can affect the tunes.. You could either have it re-burnt again, or you could have it live tuned at a dyno session..

I don't think scanning it is going to tell you anything. I think the tow tune you were using is a Lillie too aggressive and the HPOP is running out of oil.

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
If it wasn't live tuned, it's canned.

Maybe Ty can chime in..

Last edited:

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
1000 degrees won't hurt it. The 01 I had would run that all day long hauling fairly heavy. I would get high EGT's even empty with Bully Dog products but with good mileage. Every truck seems to like a little different tune or tuner so maybe they can change yours with the info you give them about what happened. I liked DP's but with the 06 I went through 3-4 different vendors before ending up with a couple I liked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58