Codes

forddeerediesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello all. Had a few codes pop up after the EBPV delete mod. wondering if they go with that or if I have another problem comming. Looked in WIKI and they weren't in there.

P0541 Manf intake air heater circ low
P0640 Manf intake air heater ctrl circ

That is what my superchips says. Just want some more detail if any.
Thank you

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
means your air intake heater is burnt out & gone open

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the air intake heater (AIH) was meant to heat the air just before it goes into the motor on cold mornings..it is supposed to cut back on the white smoke on cold start up..it doesn't do a thing but restrict air flow..most people gut it and plug the hole in the spider.. or like I did..I made it a boost port...

http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=48

you can see mine in this pic..its on the passanger side of the spider

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the air intake heater (AIH) was meant to heat the air just before it goes into the motor on cold mornings..it is supposed to cut back on the white smoke on cold start up..it doesn't do a thing but restrict air flow..most people gut it and plug the hole in the spider.. or like I did..I made it a boost port...

http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=48

you can see mine in this pic..its on the passanger side of the spider

Agreed.

The AIH thing is about as big around as yer Thumb, and as Ron sez.. for what little good it MAY do.. It's more of a restriction, than anything else.

If ya think it thru: Yer pushing boosted air through the intake.. at 20+ psi.. then sticking something like yer thumb in that air flow.. Just before it goes into cylinders (turbulence ?) Not Good Laminar flow, IMO.

Joe

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a simple AIH delete kit from Diesel Site that I used this last winter. No codes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14