Cold start

jbuller

2001 4x4 powerstroke
Reaction score
cranking rpms

just a question what should your cranking rpm be? mine has the same trouble but when im crankin mine up i only get about 500 rpms at the most it is 550

J_F250

SDD Burger Flipper
Reaction score
Any noticeable leaks? I know sounds crazy but my fuel bowl drain o-rings only leaked during the colder months and I believe that hindered the truck starting for me last year. This year there was only one morning that it acted stupid on me.

rcp207

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am having the same problem but my temps outside have only been in the fiftys...after the first start the truck lights up fine, replaced gpr. if you find anything out please post it thanks

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Have you looked at the oil level in the hpop resevoir? I know it isn't related to cold weather but it's not hard to take a look at. Should be about 1" from the top.

GOEGLEINBROS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck was leaking fuel from the water/fuel seperator, and had that fixed. it made no change. I had my oil changed and the oil level in the hpop checked out also..the shop said that my fuel pressure met specks..i don't have any clue at this point. I have about $1000 rapped up in trying to figure out this propblem. I have to get this issure sold.This is my money making truck during snow season. Does any one have any other sugesstions?

jbuller

2001 4x4 powerstroke
Reaction score
low compression

according to the ford tech he said after you have exausted all the possible causes to check the compression, a deisel fires off of compression so if the rings are worn out then it wont have enough compression to fire it off. have ford check that and see, the rings shrink when its clod outside that why you dont have as much compression when its cold outside.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine fixed today. The starter went out again. Need to check the amps, the starter is pulling when cranking. If over 450 amps then look at getting a new starter. Mine was pulling 510amps and was killing the batts.

GOEGLEINBROS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's gonna be a few days until I can get the truck into the dealership because we are supposed to have some nasty weather, but I willl keep you posted.

howardsvm

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hard start done everything??

I did everything and then some, screwed with it for years. Still no start under 32 degrees. When it started smoking I put in new injectors. Now it starts at 15 degrees. NO other changes made

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14