Cold start!!

GOEGLEINBROS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck doesn't wanna start when it 30 degress or below.. I have put anti gel in and keep it full. I have had to put a torpedo heater under it for 30-45 mins to get it started.

I have checked the following and nothing has changed:

New batteries
New fuel filter
New starter
New CPS
Glow plugs and relay checked out
Oil change
Ani-gel with every tank

My brother has the same truck and his starts just fine(his doesn't even have to be plugged in). I do not under stand...:confused:

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Check out your glow plugs. They do go bad. Use an Ohm Meter and see if any of the glow plugs are open. If they are open (showing NO resistance) they are bad. The resistance should be something like 50 ohms or so. If not change them out and try it.

Dave

GOEGLEINBROS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my truck started.. Its 11 degrees outside and it took 2.5 hours with a torpedo heater under it... What can I do?

commanderjjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though they checked out, I'd still say that you have bad glow plug(s) and/or relay. Mine did the exact same thing.....wouldn't start below around freezing. I replaced all 8 glow plugs (even though only 3of them indicated they were bad) and no more problems. Your problem definitely lies somewhere in the glow plugs, relay, or wires feeding them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14