Cold Weather Grill Cover

Diezel Dawg

vvv Real NW Truck
Reaction score
Would the Alaska T&T one work on an '08? The grill on my truck is part of the hood.

I used the Alaska Tent and Tarp and they make them for every body style. They are a good product and i would go with them. They also have a bug screen u can use in the summer. Being i was there for 6 years i loved the bug screen, saved alot on the bug clogging the intercooler and such. Give them a call.

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that would be cool is that 08 cover would fit the 05 grill... i might go measure the 08 grill and see how close it is size wise compared to the 05 6 7 fords looks kinda close.. here some better shots of my cover .. just made it outa some vinyl , made some metal hooks.. and rapped in vinyl, then sewed them on

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
I love the look of the ALaska Tent cover, but i think it doesn't get cold enough in Nebraska. I would have to get the one with the partial slit down the middle.

mwalls54

Tex
Reaction score
i will go along with what every one said about AT i had one on the excursion while i was up there. never had a problem with it being too cool. also had dual battery heaters , dual block heaters, and a tranny heater. never had a problem with it starting, left it at the airport for a week when the temps didn't get above -30 and it didn't take the plugs but a few sec and it fired right up.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
had dual battery heaters , dual block heaters, and a tranny heater. never had a problem with it starting.

Tranny heater - good.

Engine oil pan heater- good.

Dual block heaters - take extra unneeded electricity but would keep it warm.

Battery heaters - bad. Heat is what kills battery's over time. You talk to guys in Arizona and they replace there battery's every few years. You talk to someone in Alaska with battery heaters and they replace there battery's every few years. You talk to someone like me in Alaska that does not use battery heaters and you will find that battery's last forever. I have the original battery's from my 96' in my 75' and they are still going strong. I pulled them out of the 96' a couple of years ago for peace of mind but they are still good. The CCA is reduced when the temp drops but not enough to prevent them from turning the engine over if it has a block heater. Cold does not hurt a battery but heat does. As long as a battery is good and of the proper CCA rating heating it is not needed. I have several rigs that sit outside all winter long and the battery's are fine in them. Cold battery storage is good as long as the battery is charged. If you have a battery that will just do the job in warm temps then it will need heated when it gets cold. In addition the block heater puts out a quite a bit of heat under the hood which does warm the battery a little. My .02 on battery heat....

mwalls54

Tex
Reaction score
I thought it was a little over kill too but it was already on the truck and it worked great when it wasn't in the garage or left running all day.

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
i think that insulation around the fuel tank would be a big plus. I have the worst problem with fuel gelling. I don't know if a fuel heater would be plausible/safe.

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
I try to always use an additive, but sometimes I forget then I might get stranded. I was thinking that insulation at the least should help against gelling.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58