Question Cold

Akpaul

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just replaced the plug on my cord and routed out between hood and left headlight it's been that way for 4 years now without any more issues, and we use them quite often here in Alaska.

jonwright

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if I plug in the heater when it's warm (relatively) will it work nonetheless? It's in the 40's right now and not making any noises...

I put my OHM meter on the plug and it's jumping around all over the place. Not sure if it's my meter or the plug. But when it's connected and steady it's around 16.

Is it usually just the plug-in that shorts out?

And since my electrical meter is digital I can't tell if it's consuming more power or not - that I can tell.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the Block Heater is plugged in.. It's continuously Working/Heating. No thermostat.

All the more reason to have it on a 15 amp (or better) timer, with at least a 12 gauge (short as possible) extention cord..... Timer set for the amount of time needed (depending on your local temps) to provide a [bit] of block heat to [aid] in a cold start.

A longer ON time is not Better. [Enough] time is the key to it. What "Works", for You.. and Your.. PSD... based on outside temps.

Joe

Ever notice you need to add a little coolant in the Winter, but not in the Summer ??

Thats cuz the Block Heater "Perks" a bit of the H20 out of the coolant mix ratio... but not the Glycol.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14