COLDDD!!

Super 05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woke up to a nice temp this morning of 17 degrees. Fired the truck up and thought I had lost 5 cylinders! Never heard such chugging. I have read before that FOMOCO has already installed a block heater. My ???? is where is the plug located?:dunno

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
just found mine after owning it for almost 3 years. well, just actually though bout it today, really didn't know if mine had one or not.

went to get it serviced today and asked my buddy the service manager, and he went and dug it out up inside the top part of the bumper above the fog lights.

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try this....when your temps start to get chilly, (we sometimes get cold here in Manitoba), try cycling the glow-plugs 2 or 3 times. I just thought about plugging mine in the other morning when we were experiencing a -40 wind-chill. Works for me. I also run synthetic oil in everything.

Be well!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The cord is installed on Powerstrokes originally sold in the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, North & South Dakota, and Wyoming.

Sometimes the cord is zip tied up pretty high you may have to remove the grille to access it from the top.

Additional areas to check;
Pass side in bumper below radiator.
Just curbside of the passenger side towhook.
Possibly between radiator and grill/bumper by passenger side foglight(if equipped)

Put your hand in through the passenger side tow hook hole in the bumper. Feel/look to the right and up a bit. There is a black ribbed wire loom sheath folded over on itself and tied with a black tie-wrap. The plug itself has a black plastic cover snapped on it, which has a restraining strap that goes around the wire loom. If you cut the tie-wrap, you can bring the plug down to the level of the hole to get at it.

Bill

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
The cord is installed on Powerstrokes originally sold in the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, North & South Dakota, and Wyoming.

Sometimes the cord is zip tied up pretty high you may have to remove the grille to access it from the top.

Additional areas to check;
Pass side in bumper below radiator.
Just curbside of the passenger side towhook.
Possibly between radiator and grill/bumper by passenger side foglight(if equipped)

Put your hand in through the passenger side tow hook hole in the bumper. Feel/look to the right and up a bit. There is a black ribbed wire loom sheath folded over on itself and tied with a black tie-wrap. The plug itself has a black plastic cover snapped on it, which has a restraining strap that goes around the wire loom. If you cut the tie-wrap, you can bring the plug down to the level of the hole to get at it.

Bill

that is exactly where mine was bill, never knew it was there. :thumbs

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Everyone has a block heater, but not everyone has the cord. If you have a '05 or newer truck you probably do not have the cord unless you live in the states that CHPMustang listed.

Dave

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DaveBen said:
Everyone has a block heater, but not everyone has the cord. If you have a '05 or newer truck you probably do not have the cord unless you live in the states that CHPMustang listed.

Dave
Dave, did your 04 come with the cord?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
DaveBen said:

Dave

i have a ? for ya dave, or anyone else. now that i know i have the cord, i have seen some trucks that had plug-in receptacle that they put in their front bumpers to elliminate the cord from just hangin around.

where can i get this application for my truck?

:thanks

well, i did a search on here and found it, just ordered one for my truck!

Last edited:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
i have a ? for ya dave, or anyone else. now that i know i have the cord, i have seen some trucks that had plug-in receptacle that they put in their front bumpers to elliminate the cord from just hangin around.

where can i get this application for my truck?

:thanks

well, i did a search on here and found it, just ordered one for my truck!
Boatfix has em for $15 a pop:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14