Collection process,what do u use?

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
Was curious as to what everyone on here used to collect waste oil for there Bio, or Veggie systems.And of course more pics the better.Thanks.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My preference is:

1. Restaurant puts oil back in cubies. Load in back of truck. No pumping, quick & easy.

2. Hand-crank harbor freight pump from barrel at restaurant to empty cubies.

I tried pumping into a barrel in the back of the truck once,but all that meant was I had to pump it three times to get it where I needed it.

Unless you've got to pump any hundreds of gallons of oil each week, you really can't beat the ease of the hand-crank pumps.

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Swap barrels using a receiver hitch 12 volt lift platform from Harbor Freight, 200 bucks on sale. About 3 minutes to swap a full barrel out. Great in winter when everything is frozen and no way to pump.
Rick H...

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
i have a sump pump wired up to the truck through a power inverter. its works well, im building a trailer set up next week with two 300 gal tanks. ( A moble set up):sweet

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I run on new SVO - not recycled - I pick up a full 1000 liter tank. I then drive it home on the truck bed and move my garden pump on to the new tank and pump the contents over in a similar tank I keep in my garage (avoid placing it in the sun). Finally I disconnect the pump and put it back on the now-filled tank on the ground. Ready to go! The empty tank on the bed can be off-loaded by 2 persons.
Heres a foto of the tank on the ground an a close-up of the pump. Sorry about the mess! GratisUpload.dk - Upload dine filer her
I reckon you could also use this method if you gather recycled SVO. Just install a filter in the tank on the truck bed.

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a 250 gallon propane tank with 2 vacuum pump on it. It will empty a 55 gallon drum of oil at 30F in about 30 seconds. The super sucker is mounted on a trailer. Keith

croakerchoker504

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
12 volt pump

northerntool.com offers many pump from gas to sludge i bought a 12 volt pump that includes strainer at pump recepticle and plastic typical gas pump nozzle i pump it into 55 gal drums (about halfway they get HEAVY) into the bed of my truck then just man-handle em out. then re-pump into processor. life gate or small 1000lb lb crane would be useful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58