combustion leak test kit

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey gang... I can't seem to find the combustion gas leak test kit that's been mentioned in here in the past. I found one link, pointing to Lisle corporation, but it's a dead link.

How's your memory?

My LS has a ton of oil in the antifreeze... long story, but it runs just fine. Not sure what's really going on. Thanks!

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i will be able to post a kit part number from work tomorrow.

oil in coolant would likely be an oil cooler, the test wouldnt do anything for you if all you are getting is oil.

i worked at ford for 2 months, and did about 10 oil coolers on the 6.0's. the problem was that ford had told the dealers to use cascade dish soap to flush out the oil in the cooling system. cascade eats aluminum, so the new coolers were being rotted out from day one. lestoil is the best cleaner for the oil cooler repairs.

back to the topic, in the a.m. i will post up the part number off the kit we have at work, we got it from our cummins supplier.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have OIL in the coolant i WOULD BET youve probably
also got coolant in the OIL ! <check for bubbles on the dipstick
and STEAM)

DONT run the car if youve got coolant in the oil...among other
things youll wreck the crank and rod bearings (if you havent already)

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil report from blackstone comes back happy as a clam... I think the old fellow who had the car before me was on the wrong side the last time he did an oil change... it's too clean, the oil in the antifreeze that is...

Thanks guys. I couldn't find that kit. I appreciate it. for $40 or whatever, I'll add it to the fleet of tools.

bendog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a combustion gas test kit fron NAPA for 49 dollars, it worked well and showed combustion gas in my coolant, going to dealer on monday for gaskets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58