Coming from a GM Bose to the SuperDuty... Disapointing

andym1996

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I recently bought my anti-Government Motors F350 in protest to the government's buyout of GM... thats another story -

I had a LUX amp TNR Setup (for those familiar with the GM setup its the same as the Escalades) in my 04 Avalanche 2500. I loved the sound of the stereo in that truck. It wasn't over the top, but really got the job done well.

I want to upgrade the system in the F350 in a similar way - factory look with notably better sound quality. In these trucks is it just a fact of installing new speakers? Do i have to upgrade the HU?

Let me know - I'm new to the ford Scene.

Andy

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
my buddy had the bose system in his truck as well and that is what i started out to imitate but as usual it became more. with the bose system as you said it has a small amp/sub set up. I replaced all of my factories with memphis m class speakers which are good speakers and come with crossoevers so you can dial them in. they dont and i dont think any component system alone will give you the little bass the bose give you might do a small sub or one of those self powered units (going blank on the real name right now) you can always buy the rca jack adapter to use an amp with the factory head because you will have to with a sub and you wont get near the power to fully use your components

sawed off

Party like a rockstar
Reaction score
Speakers are a good start, guess Id go for a higher power head unit though as well. I yanked all my stock stuff out of mine the first week that I owned it. component speakers normally need more power then the head unit can provide to get the clarity that you hear about. just make sure to size up your speakers to what you have to work with. guess thats just my 2cents.

andym1996

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Speakers are a good start, guess Id go for a higher power head unit though as well. I yanked all my stock stuff out of mine the first week that I owned it. component speakers normally need more power then the head unit can provide to get the clarity that you hear about. just make sure to size up your speakers to what you have to work with. guess thats just my 2cents.

As of yesterday, I opened up my wallet a little and cleaned it out. Bought the following:
(1) Kenwood DNX5140 Nav Head Unit
(1) Sony 700w 4 Channel Amp
(1) Wiring Harness
(1) Dash Install Kit

I haven't decided on speakers yet. I am leaning toward a Pioneer and doing a component setup in the "A" Pillars similarly to the GM Bose. i will verify the sound is good up there in this truck prior to actual install. I saw an install on this forum of the tweets in the mirror cover - very awesome. I might attempt something like that.

I figured i would get all the parts, and start at least with the Head Unit and build as my time prevails. I still have to mount the plow on the truck - snow is coming!

sawed off

Party like a rockstar
Reaction score
I was gonna flush mount some tweeters on the corner piece in the door by the window. Just havent got around to it yet. pillars are a good place for them for sure!

drmjf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the pioneer speakers in my truck. They sound good for mids and highs. I have a kicker 10" behind the backseat with a 300 watt amp. Make a very good bass sound.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58