computer virus!!

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
:rant :rant :rant i have no idea how i got it but i got one.i keep getting a virus alert thingy that says "click on this balloon to download antivirus"when i click it it brings me to antivirusgolden.com.i have the AVG free edition but the AVG isnt catching it and niether is the AOL antivirus/adware.how do i get rid of it?:cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Roland_Jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds more like spyware. AVG is a fine product and no virus protection will catch everything.

Give Avast a try. I like it a little better. Its the same price as AVG.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
downloat Spybot (freeware) and set your IE cookies to block anything from Antivirusgolden.com

Win Fixer is another one that uses a popup to redirect you to a pay site...

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
we finally had to take our computer in, seems microsoft has no fix for this new virius/ spyware. also this thing get into your computer and splits into 3 parts and then starts to have babies so to speak, it really messes with the performance of your machine, but also starts to play with the explorer part of your web browser, cost us 65 bucks to beat this thing, all total there was 500 forms of spyware, but all had a common link of a ...exe. local computer people found the similar pattern, also gets into the dll files, with a different similar common ...dll , mixed with a install...exe.
local computer shop said this was the hardest problem they have ever had to try to fix. so far 2 days problem free, I think they got it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58