congresswomen Giffords shot

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is really sad. I'm watching the reports on Fox News right now. There was also a Federal judge killed in the attack. The report I've heard that there were 19 people shot and the gunman who is in custody is a former soldier who served in Afghanistan. They were reading some things from a video that he had on YouTube, and he seems to be a pretty sick individual. The media is saying that the prognosis for Congresswoman Giffords is now pretty good.

Last edited:

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I hope everyone who survived makes a quick recovery. The gun man sounds a little nutty! Was she the target or the federal judge? I heard on Fox News that the Judge has had alot of death threats. I think Fox said the judge was allowing some illegals sue an Arizona land owner or something. Not sure.

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I dont think the Judge was a target. Fox just said that he was just passing threw to say hello the the congress woman and just happened to be there. Terrible tragedy today!

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
The gun man seems like he might of had an accomplice. They are showing some older guy that may have been at the scene with him. It seems that he was in association with a group that was Anti-Semitic, anti-govt, anti-immigration. Congresswomen Giffords was Jewish and that may have been another reason she was targeted. Its so sad that people cant just let others have there own religion without hating them! I dont like the large obtrusive govt or illegal immigration but murder is not the answer. Prayers go out to all involved.

silvertitan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I live down here in Green Valley which is about 20 miles south of Tucson. Followed it on the news all day. lot of very tear jerking church services today from what friends have told me. Truly sad to see a young life or any life for that matter lost because of an idiot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14